PESHAWAR: The salient features of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa budget for year 2011-12 presented by Finance Minister KPK Hamyun Khan on Saturday, are as follows:
* It is a balance budget of Rs.249.15 billion.
*15 per cent raise in salaries and 20 per cent in pension of government
employees, while 25 per cent increase in house rent allowance.
* Rs.149.988 billion to be received from federal government in head of
* Rs.18.202 billion to be generated in head of war against terrorism.
* Annual Development Program (ADP) year 201112 Rs. 85141 million which is
15 % of last year’s ADP.
* Provincial government share in developmental program is Rs. 69.283 billion,
which is 15% more of ongoing fiscal.
* Social sector get maximum 32 percent funds in ADP.
* Foreign assistance expected to KP government in fiscal year 2011-12 is Rs.
16112.70 million for 39 projects.
* Rs. 10142 million allocated for 96 projects in education sector, health to
get Rs. 6571.245 million, while social sector 480 million.
* Rs. 1 billion for Bacha Khan Self-employment scheme
* 6992 new vacancies for youth.
* Rs. 50 million for talented students under “Stori (stars) of Pakhtunkhwa”
* Rs. 1520.300 million for district development funds.
* Rs. 1300 million for Pakhtunkhwa Hunarmand Rozgar Scheme.
* Supplementary budget of Rs. 25.36 billion tabled for approval.
* Rs. 7.1452 billion for PDMA.
* Rs. 1.5 billion release for Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Hospital, Shaukat Khanum
Memorial Hospital, Frontier Foundation, Ittefaq Foundation and Bannu Medical
* Total debt against the provincial government is Rs. 123110.037 million.